Here are some tips for tackling fear from Psychology today website.
- pay attention to the actions of other people, not just what they say
- ask the other person what they feel, and what they want, as often as possible
- try out living in the moment and relaxation through meditation, even if not good at it
- practice reflecting before acting, and engage in exercise while reflecting
- when all else fails, there is always anti-anxiety medication, or even antidepressants
See My life with aspergers blog for the full article.