- Is not getting out, or Agoraphobia, related to Asperger’s? Quick answers Thorough answer
- What is Panic Disorder? Anxiety Zone A real illness Panic attacks & Asperger’s
When fear holds sway Further reading These links cover treatments for Panic Disorder.
- What does the NHS offer? NHS treatment This page includes self-help tips.
You could try using one of the following statements:
- “I can be anxious and still deal with the situation.”
- “I’ll just let my body do its thing. This will pass.”
- “This anxiety won’t hurt me, even if it doesn’t feel good”.
- “This feeling isn’t comfortable or pleasant, but I can accept it.”
- What is the range of symptoms?
- Can people with high functioning Asperger’s be severely effected by
agoraphobia? It seems so:
– High functioning autism is associated with anxiety disorder, which is what causes agoraphobia.
– Someone describes their own experience
– A discussion of the link between high IQ and anxiety
– NAS article on Anxiety etc & Aspergers’ . Note: page 3 is on Anxiety.
- Can virtual reality help with not getting out? Video Text Research
Please be aware that we, at GAIN, are not qualified to give advice. See disclaimer.