What Does Autism Spectrum Disorder Look Like in Adults? Click icon for a readable article.
CANadda is a Lincoln based support group for adults on the Autism Spectrum and associated conditions. Hover over icons / pictures to identify links. See also: Canadda events
Publicity Discussion login to view.
Based in Birchwood shopping centre, Lincoln has a range of support initiatives, including: See map 01522 697587
- IT Courses ranging from Computers for Beginners to ECDL
- Access to Computer facilities
- Support with basic skills (Maths & English)
- Programme to help overcome barriers to employment, issues relating to health, housing, homelessness, debt, parenting etc.
- Project supporting individuals and families with essential items such as food, clothing, and cooking equipment.
The National Autistic Society website has several pages aimed at adults with autism or Asperger’s syndrome, including one on making friends. Click on the icon to browse. If you cannot find what you want on their website you can ask them questions for free. For more information click on: Help & advice . Click 0800 & 0808 numbers to see when the helpline is free.
Aspergers Central says it, Is a Facebook community focused on providing great information to our members & a platform where everyone can talk and help one another.
The National Autistic Society offers a step by step guide to adult diagnosis. Click icon to see it. They recommend taking details of local services to your–GP. Spectrum Psychology in Lincoln takes private clients only – which may pose a problem for GP referral. Also:
- The NHS website has a page about Signs of autism in adults. It links to their diagnosis page. new
- The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) launched their guidelines cover recognising, referring and diagnosing autism in adults in June 2012. NICE–also produce pathways in the form of diagrams. Click boxes to see accompanying notes. The diagram link shows the kind of thing you might mention to your GP when asking for a referral.
- Age limits for paediatric services seem to vary from hospital to hospital from 12 – 15 according to this report.