Reddit is an online forum with the title: Life skills and healthy coping mechanisms for the ASD community. Click icon for their Asperger girls page. The questions they tackle are quite grown-up. Their general Asperger’s page could be worth a look too.
Meet Keran Bunker, who has always struggled to keep jobs or a place to live and did not find out he had autism with ADHD until he was-33. Click play button for his video.
The National Autistic Society has set of pages about socialising and relationships with the autistic spectrum. The page about making friends could be the most relevant. Click icon to browse. new Also:
- Seeing the world as others see it can be useful when interacting with people. See: Introduction Theory of mind
- A poem The galloping cat illustrates the problem of conflicting points of view.
- Social stories may be handy learning aids for some. See: Introduction e.g. Going to the library
- See School age for more practical resources.
You do not have to look far to see that relationship issues are of concern to all kinds of people. However, below are a few links offering handy insights into relationships for people with Asperger’s.
- Article – Relationship Difficulties Due to Deficits in “Theory of Mind”
- Article – Rules of Effective Listening: Tips for Men on the Spectrum
- Adult relationships – bullet points
- Issues for partners
- Radio programme – may well still be available to hear on-line: Why do so many women think their men have Asperger’s syndrome?
This is a website dedicated to people with Asperger’s. Contributors tackle many topics. Look for the Popular Posts as well as other links down the right hand side. There is also a search box. Below are some of the more substantial ones.