Here are some tips for tackling fear from Psychology today website.
- Pay attention to the actions of other people, not just what they say
- Ask the other person what they feel, and what they want, as often as possible
- Try out living in the moment and relaxation through meditation, even if not good at it
- Practice reflecting before acting, and engage in exercise while reflecting
- When all else fails, there is always anti-anxiety medication, or even antidepressants
See My life with aspergers blog for the full article.
Also, here is a helpsheet: Panic attacks and autism spectrum disorders