Private diagnosis (18+)

One question to consider about a private diagnosis is how well it would be recognised.

  • See: article from the Autism Service.       They offer private diagnosis too so they are likely to be in favour but their article might help to clarify things.       They have a centre in The charity, Autism Berkshire, does not recommend private diagnosis but they think it is better to consult someone registered with the Health and care professions council (HCPC)
  • Special needs jungle has published an answer to a question from IPSEA.

    Q    Can my local authority refuse to accept a private diagnosis? 
    A     There is no basis in law for the local authority to reject a professional report simply because it was privately obtained.      Click icon to see your options if they do,  though.
Scroll to Top
Right Menu Icon