Not in Lincolnshire libraries
– Lydia Wilkins, Eight best books about autism, The Independent. These books are written by and for autistic people. The reviewer says that she has autism. See article
– Charlotte Moore, George and Sam. The author writes about her experience of bringing up her sons and the challenges she faces. George and Sam are quite impaired and they have contrasting personalities. Her third son Jake is not autistic at all. The book contains a lot of experience and insight. The 2012 edition has been updated to cover George and Sam’s teenage years. See Good Reads Amazon.
– Clara Claiborne Park, The Siege. A mother’s story about bringing up her autistic daughter, Jessy, in 1960s America. See Amazon
– Donna Williams, Nobody Nowhere. Autobiographical account See Amazon.
– Michelle Garcia Winner, Socially Curious and Curiously Social, A Social Thinking Guidebook for Bright Teens & Young Adults
This book contains some cartoon-style illustrations. Social Thinking is the web page that promotes the book. The is a peek inside section at the bottom could be helpful. See also: Good Reads Amazon.