This page is for the non-conformists among us.
Autism Women’s Network
The Autism Women’s & Nonbinary Network (AWN) aims to build a supportive community for Autistic women of all ages. This group, based in the USA. It seems to have some interesting posts. See:
- Facebook for easy browsing with pictures,
- their website for welcome packets,
- their blog for a list of more in-depth articles.
She directs autistic adults to “get your butts out of the house, and get a job.” Click icon on the left for the article. There are several comments at the bottom of the article. Several say that she speaks from a privileged position.
A different way of thinking
What if the world stopped thinking of autism as abnormal? See article from the Australian media outlet SBS. The Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) is a national public broadcaster with a special mandate to reflect the multicultural nature of Australian society. See FAQ.
Autism Self Advocacy Network
Some people have very strong feelings about neurodiversity.
- The caption on the left is a reaction to Autism Speaks’ change to their aims.
- The captioned image is taken from Pround Autistic Living – a Facebook page/group that seems to have dissapeared.
- Steve Silberman puts meat on the bones of the contrary view Different not less. He seems to have a questioning mind. He has a lot to say about autism. See Diversity press for more about this author.
Boy in a Band
This blogger thought she should do some research before commenting publicly. The research confirmed her suspicions. She explains her thinking in detail. Click icon on the left to see the post.
This Facebook page offers humorous and quirky views of life on the autistic spectrum. For some it will hit the spot, but it will not be to everyone’s taste. It is called, “No one will ever believe you – Autism Rants and Escapades“.