This is a Pathological Demand Avoidance support group. It is a friendly group of parents who meet on the first Tuesday of every month at 11am at South Muskham Village Hall, Newark. Click icon for more information. See also map.
New: Playtowers special needs evening every Thursday from 28th June. Venue is at Rochford Tower lane, Boston., PE21 9RH. £6.95 per person, including meal and drink. Click thumbnail for poster.
Sharing Minds is a support group for parents and carers of children with special/additional needs. They run drop-in meetings on the last Wednesday of the month in term time at Sunset House, Boston, PE22 8QS. The people that run it have experience of coping with children on the autistic spectrum. Click icon then scroll down for more information.
Louth Area Autism Support Group was formed by parents. They offer help, information, care and support to parents and carers of children and young people who have been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Meetings are held all year round on the 4th Saturday of every month from 2 – 4pm at Trinity Centre, Eastfield Road, Louth, LN11 8DJ. Click icon on the left for their website.
There are a number of support groups specifically for the autistic spectrum in the towns around Grantham.
- Asperger Autism Support Group runs drop in sessions at Whittlesey Youth Centre, near Peterborough. Click icon for details. See also map.
- Autism Peterborough run one off support group meetings and conferences in Peterborough. See website map. Click icon for their Facebook page, where you might find more events.
- Sharing Minds also have family disabled Swimming sessions every Sunday,
at a new time and venue: 2- 3pm, at the South Park centre, Skegness, PE25 1TE. The pool is dedicated to the group for these sessions, so it is not crowded and families are among friends. Parents are expected to accompany their children in the pool. Click picture for poster. See also map.
- There is also an outdoor Exercise group for parents & carers of disabled children every Tuesday 10:00 – 11:30am at Wainfleet Road Pavilion, Skegness PE25 2EL.
A Sleaford based group: for Parents/Guardians and Siblings with Children who have Autism and additional Needs in Lincolnshire. They have a closed Facebook page, which means you have to make a friend request to view it. A good forum for autism mums to make new contacts. Email: Jane Peck or use Facebook page > Add member. Please be aware that you need to be logged in to Facebook to see any content.
- They hold monthly Play Meet mornings on a Sunday, 9am till 11am at Darmons’s Fun House. It is £3 per child and the whole family is welcome. See also location.
- See their Events page for up-coming dates and click link for event page.
Rainbow Flyers Youth Club
This is a special needs club at Ruskington Youth Centre, NG34 9DY, on Sundays 3-5pm. Ruskington is a village near Sleaford. To see the ideas behind the club, click See More under Long Description on their About page. You may well need to login to Facebook to view the club’s web pages, but there no need to join Rainbow Stars.
Parents can simply turn up with their children. There are both electronic and physical games for the young people and coffee and conversation for parents – who are asked to stay with their children. The initial
session was on 13th September 2015. See timeline or mobile view for their news. They would love to see some new faces.
A Lincoln based support group for parents or carers of children and young people on the autistic spectrum.
- Evening meetings on the first Thursday of every month at 7.30pm
- Daytime meetings at 10am on the third Thursday of the month during term time.
- A monthly games club for members over the age of 8.
- See details for more information.
- They have a closed Facebook page, which means you have to make a friend request to view it.
Look for Join group button on right side of page header.
Click icon to see Newark & Sherwood autism support group’s Facebook page.
For up coming events click the picture on the right.
If there are not many events it might be worth having a look at past events.
Gainsborough Autism Parent Support Group – GAPS. See: map
This group is about 30 miles from Grantham, in Leicestershire, based in a family home. It is an
activity club that started out as an Autism friendly home based club but broadened out to serve a wider range of children. They have a fine website with a handy what’s on page and a Facebook presence.
See also: Mumsnet map.