We, at GAIN, are a local UK based support group. Looking along the top of the pages on this website, please be aware that the activities, events and services under the Events and Wider Area menus are located in our corner of the UK.
It might be worth trying the other parts of this website, though. The material there is more likely to be of interest to people everywhere.
We are located in England, which is part of the United Kingdom (UK) of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
It may also be worth having a quick look at the web links below to see if there is anything of interest that you have not already found.
- The USA based Autism Society has pages about: How they can help, their Affiliate network with a USA Affiliate map. For example, here is a list of their Pennsylvania affiliates.
- Have you seen the USA based US Autism & Asperger Association website?
- Disability benefits help is another USA based site aimed at helping people to want to make an initial claim or who have been denied benefits.
- USA based Disability Secrets offers information about disability benefits. Applying for benefits can take a long time and claims may well be denied. There is an appeals process, though.
- Just great lawyers has set out renters’ rights and housing assistance for people with disabilities in the USA. See article.