What does home education mean? Who is responsible for what? See: FAQ on Home Education Special website for quick and clear answers for the UK.
- To read about parent’s experiences click icon. A net mums search on home schooling should get a good list of results.
- The Family Education website offers guidance and some basic resources: Pros Cons Guidance & resources It is part of the Family Education Network based in Boston, USA and linked to Pearson Education, Inc.
Elective home education is the official name. Click the icon on the left for the information and resources Lincolnshire County Council publishes. It provides a step by step guide as follows:
- Before you begin links to: Protocol
- Teaching your child at home links to: Home Education Advisory Service
- Home education checks page links to home visit forms
The UK government also produces guidance about home education. These set out a parents rights and responsibilities.
Links to browse
- Tips – A fairly common sense checklist if you are an autism parent. See also: ideas.
- ELL – Addressing special educational needs where English is a second language for pupils
The Home Education Network website points visitors to resources in their part of the UK.