There are some county-wide services in Lincolnshire and the surrounding area.
Lincolnshire Autistic Society
The society offers information on Autism, support groups and county updates. They organise a conference each year, in March – see Related events. It is very well attended and GAIN is regularly represented there.
Click icon above to view the society’s website, including contact details and up-coming events. The site was launched in August 2015.
Lincolnshire Parent Carer Forum
This is the new name for Lincolnshire Parent Carer Council. We are an independent small charity run by volunteers made up of parent carers of children with special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities. See FAQ for more about them. For up-coming events around Lincolnshire have a look at their monthly news letter on their home page.
Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) provision was reformed in 2014. Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans are for children with complex needs. See:
- Cambridgeshire for more information about SEN in Cambridgeshire. See also EHC
- Leicestershire for more information about SEN in Leicestershire. See also FAQ
- Nottinghamshire for more information about SEN in Nottinghamshire. See also Support
Options Children’s Outreach is a service which offers families of those diagnosed with autistic spectrum conditions, support and coping strategies within their own home or school. They work from a base in North Lincolnshire. See: outline
- Here is an introduction to local support groups in the Nottinghamshire area. It includes several in Nottingham city and suburbs.
- Autism East Midlands aim to to ensure people with autism can live their lives with dignity, choice and independence – see About us. They do a lot in Nottinghamshire, particulary in the Nottingham area. Have a look at Family services. They have Family support hubs in Nottingham and Newark. For their Home page click icon on the right. Once you are in the Family Services section, navigate via the left hand column for specific geographic locations. Here are their Admission criteria and Application form. See also Adult support under Autism East Midlands.
- With Family Support Directory visitors can search a large database. After an initial search there are options down the left hand side to narrow things down. Alternatively, the Search option along the top of the page offers a list of categories.
- Nottingham Autism Support Services offers a range of paid-for services. As a group of ex teaching assistants working in special education, the founders recognised the need to have professional, properly qualified and experienced staff to work with people on the Autistic spectrum.
- This is a Leicester based support group for: parents of adults and children with autistic spectrum disorders, in particular Asperger’s Syndrome.
See: Group introduction Contact: 0116 270 1074 email@example.com
- Leicestershire Support for Carers is a community based organisation run by Voluntary Action South Leicestershire. See: Website
See also In Your Area, e.g. Organisations in Melton Contact: 0845 687 9510 firstname.lastname@example.org/