These are put on at:
- Savoy Grantham in St Catherine’s Road, Grantham, NG31 6TP
- The Venue, Longdales Road Lincoln, LN1 3DY
- Stamford Arts Centre, 27 St Mary’s Street, PE9 2DL.
They are usually on a Saturday or Sunday towards the end of one month or the beginning of the next. Specifics of date, venue and film are advertised on our Facebook Events page and on our website Home page. They are autism friendly, i.e.
- The sound is turned down
- The lights are left on at a low level, including the strip lighting on the stairs
- Film goers are allowed to move around the cinema
- Allowances are made for noise levels
- In Grantham there are usually no trailers before the film
- In Lincoln no trailers are shown before the screening
- In Stamford no commercials are shown before the film – though there is a mix of static and moving trails for upcoming Arts Centre events
All are welcome, with or without autism. Entry prices are kept low.
Bowling / lazer tag
This was a combination event at Grantham Bowl, Dysart Road, Grantham, NG31_7LE.
It was in April 2016. We have only had this combination once so far. See map.
Family / darts evenings
These were aimed at autism mums and dads. They were held at the White Lion pub on Bridge End Road, Grantham. Our fundraiser has combined his voluntary work for GAIN with his links to the darts league to put on a bit of a night out and raise funds for GAIN.
These were hosted by an autism mum, usually accompanied by another autism mum or dad. They would be delighted to meet you. We offer both information and emotional support to parents and carers. See where the conversation goes. It’s good to talk – especially to someone who knows where you are coming from.
Belton Lane Children’s Centre
Off Princess Drive
Lincolnshire Satnav: NG31 9QB. See The centre for map.
After coming along, one mother said, “’I’m really glad I came to the coffee morning. I felt like I was swimming in mud and now feel like you have led me to a clear water lake”.