The Communication trust and the Communication consortium are now managed by Speech and language UK. Click icon to browse their pages. The website also has a more wide ranging set of resources.
Here are a few highlights from the trust and consortium:
- They range from foundation to specialist levels of support. The Speech, language and communication framework sets out the levels. See: SLCF. It continues to be developed by the trust.
- Platform 3, by the trust, supports online study for the Level 3 qualification.
- What Works supports practitioners to deliver evidence-informed interventions. See: introduction.
- They have a set of guides to commissioning speech and language therapy services. updated
Here are a few consortium members:
- ACE centre works with people of all ages who use or need Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and Assistive Technology (AT) to communicate.
- Afasic voice for life offers information and resources for Speech, language and communication needs (SLCN).
- The Makaton charity offers online training for the Makaton signing language that also uses symbols to help people communicate.